Monday, April 2, 2012

Oh Jillian Michaels, you hurt so good

portabella mushroom neopolitan


How was every one's weekend?  Mine was really good.  I attended my friend's baby shower on Saturday and on Sunday, Josh and I enjoyed a much needed date day.  We dropped Levi off at grandma's and went out for a leisurely lunch without a child throwing food all over the place and squirming from the high chair.  We both got to eat at the same time and enjoy a conversation.  Then we went to see the "Hunger Games."  Josh did not enjoy it at all.  I enjoyed it but was deeply disturbed by the plot of the movie.  Who's brilliant idea was to have 12 year old sacrifices fighting for their lives?  I balled my eyes out when a certain little girl died. 

I started my diet on Friday and I did really well on Saturday until I got to the baby shower.  They had Maggiano's pasta! I ate them gladly, two servings.  They were yummy in my tummy.  I also had 2 amazing cupcakes.  Then on Sunday we went out for Chinese and we ordered like we were never going to eat again.  Needless to say,  I have not lost any weight since Friday. 

But today is a new day!  I got up at 4:30 and did the Ripped in 30.  I used heavier weights today and did the harder variation of the moves.  Oh Jillian Michael's, you hurt so good.  I am feeling good this morning and ready to get this diet started right!

I was trying to come up with an imaginative and yummy dish with the limited kinds of foods I can eat.  I went to the market and loaded up on veggies.  On Friday for dinner, I just took out all the veggies and started chopping with no plan.  They ended up on the grill and we have ourselves a Portabella mushroom, eggplant, and zucchini Neapolitan.  It was delicious!  I also marinated some chicken in a tandoori marinade.  I will be grilling those babies up tonight and posting about them tomorrow!

Scrape off the gills from the mushrooms.
Slice up the veggies and grill!

Portabella Mushroom: 26 calories per 100g
Zucchini: 14 calories per 90g = 1/2 cup
Eggplant: 35 calories per 1 cup
Arugula: 20 calories per 1/2 cup
Tomato: 22 calories
Dressing: 30 calories


26+14+35+20+22+30= 145 calories

No comments:

Post a Comment