Thursday, April 19, 2012

Progress report 1

I'm about 3 weeks into my "look good in a wedding dress" diet.  I fell off the wagon hard last week but I'm back on it.  How has it been going?  Actually really good thanks!  I haven't been driving myself to insanity counting every calorie I consume.  For breakfast, I'll usually have some eggs.  For lunch I will have a salad and believe it or not, I have been skipping dinner all together.  I know some of you are gasping right now but there is a method to my madness.  I haven't been eating dinner because the second I step foot into the kitchen, I want to cook and consume everything.  At some point I will have to cook again but for now, I would rather just avoid the trigger than step into it head first.  The thing is, I'm not hungry for dinner.  Why eat when you aren't hungry.  I also heard that 80% of the time when you are feeling hungry, you are actually thirsty.

I also haven't been killing myself with the workouts.  I still get up and work out to Jillian in the morning and go to the gym after work to do cardio.  The difference is, I'm not forcing myself to go.  Maybe it's a mental change.  I don't know.  Yesterday for instance, I skipped Jillian in the morning, but I didn't beat myself over it.  I still did cardio after work and this morning I got up and worked out to Jillian.  I guess the difference is that I am not dragging myself out of bed.  It feels good to work out and my body feels so much better.  Well, I take that back a little, I am sore all over, but I feel my body getting stronger. 

It's a strange shift that happened this past week.  I think it's because I am not telling myself, "you have to do this or you can't eat this."  I'm just doing it.  I don't feel like I'm depriving myself of anything.  Strange huh?

I still get cravings and urges to eat.  On Monday, I had this crazy craving for some pad khee mao.  Oh Thai food, how I love thee! I was thinking about it non stop for about 3 hours.  I even programmed their number in my phone, just in case I wanted to place an order.  What did I do instead? I went to the gym.  The craving eventually subsided.  Yesterday, a coworker brought these chocolaty pastry delights to work,  I circled around and eyed my prey like a hawk. I took the smallest piece and I was done.  Tomorrow night, I am meeting up with a group of girls for a birthday dinner.  We are going to an Italian place.  What is my plan of attack? I am going to enjoy my meal.  It will be my cheat meal of the week.  If I order pasta, I will probably just pack half of it to go and eat only half.  The other half will be lunch for Josh the next day.

This morning while I was getting dressed, I noticed that the very same pants that were super snug last week were feeling loose today.  It felt really good.  Let's not focus on the numbers but FYI, I did lose 4 lbs.  It's a good start.

1 comment: