Thursday, April 12, 2012

how much can whole wheat pasta hurt?

shrimp and asparagus "whole wheat pasta"

I've been DIEING for some pasta! I was contemplating all day what to make for dinner.  I thought maybe I'll make a shrimp salad with quinoa.  I had it all planned out.  I was going to grill up some asparagus and shrimp and toss it with quinoa and lettuce.  Quinoa did not make my dinner plate tonight.  I have been sick all week and my workout routine was thrown all out of whack.  Since this week has been thrown off already how much can whole wheat pasta hurt?  I looked at the nutritional content on the whole wheat pasta and thought, "yikes!"  It has 230 calories per serving and 40 grams of carbs.  I didn't care.  I wanted it.  I can't live the rest of my life not eating pasta.  So I made it and I ate it and I loved it.  It far exceeded my cravings.  For my cheat meal last week, I had a Portillo's hamburger.  Although it was good, I felt like crap afterwards.  I didn't feel like crap after eating whole wheat pasta.  I decreased my normal portion.  I am not overly stuffed and I feel quite content.  I have a really special treat brewing in my little brain for this weekend.  I am going all out and making a really decadent dish. You will just have to wait and see!
chop up some asparagus and garlic

throw in some cherry tomatoes and white wine.  Finish with whole wheat pasta and shrimp.

1 comment: