Friday, April 27, 2012

shopping in my fridge

homemade pasta with sausage & peppers




I have not cooked anything for over a week.  I've baked but I haven't cooked.  There is a difference.  My weakness is not for sweets.  I can make sweets anytime and not eat the whole batch.  I think I may have had one macaron and one popover just to taste test, the rest went into Josh's tummy or my coworkers tummy's. I was going through cooking withdrawal.  I needed a serious therapy session.  So my new pasta maker and I made a date with a glass of wine.  Somehow, Thursday nights seem to turn into wine night.  I'm ok with that.
I like to enjoy a glass of wine while I cook.  If there was a night to enjoy a glass of wine, what better night than Thursday night! I love me a glass of wine and a new "Grey's Anatomy!"

Remember that promise I made to myself to cook only with what I have on hand?  I was very tempted to browse the market to see what kind of goodies I can make with my new pasta maker, but I browsed my fridge instead.  I took out some Italian sausage the night before and just used whatever I had in the fridge.  The ingredients I had in the fridge were, broccoli, red peppers, mushroom, onions, sun dried tomatoes, mascarpon cheese, heavy cream and white wine.   That is what I used to make this dish.  Now the fridge is empty and I can go fill it again. Yipee!

The hardest part of this meal was trying to get the pasta maker to cooperate.  It was being stubborn and the pasta kept getting stuck.  But I think I have it figured out and it should come easier next time.  I am already thinking of all kinds of pasta dishes to make.  Lasagna, ravioli, pasta, and more pasta.  The possibilities are endless.  How am I going to make all this pasta and not eat it? 




2 comments:

  1. Great post! just discovered your blog and I love it!
    I'm your newest follower - hope you can check me out too! : )

    http://allthingsprettyandlittle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off love the name of your site. Second that fresh pasta looks heavenly. I rarely make pasta from scratch though would like to. Maybe this will motivate me. :)

    ReplyDelete