Monday, April 16, 2012

I bought a doughnut pan

red velvet doughnuts with mascarpone cheese glaze


Has anyone noticed this past week that I have been very very bad?  I was sick for most the week so I gave myself an excuse to eat everything.  I was so bad.  But no point in beating myself up over it now, don't you think?  You just pick yourself up, dust yourself off and get right back to it.  I got up this morning at 4:30 and said hello to Jillian Michaels.  She was mean as ever.  She didn't let up on me just because I was sick last week.  Jillian made me sweat this morning and we made our immense.  We have another date scheduled for tomorrow morning. 

Last week sometime, Josh mentioned to me how he went to Deerfields and had the most amazing red velvet doughnut with a cream cheese frosting.  If you live in the Lake County area, you very well know who Deerfields is and their amazing pastries.  If you are not from this area, then I will tell you that Deerfields has the most amazing pastries.  Red velvet doughnut I thought, "well that just straight up sounds fantastic." I MUST MAKE THEM! I was looking for a fried doughnut recipe but all I could find was a cake doughnut recipe (specifically for the red velvet variety) .  Against my better judgement, I went with the cake dough recipe.  Don't get me wrong, the doughnuts are good but they are not what I imagined them to be in my head.  I'm going to mess around with a fried doughnut recipe and will let you all know how it turns out.  But in the meantime, here is the cake doughnut recipe (here).  I stuck to the recipe exactly as is, the only thing I changed was, I used mascarpone cheese instead of cream cheese.

mix the dry ingredients

baking soda in water and vanilla extract

add the wet ingredients

mix it all up

I bought a doughnut pan for this. Really?

doughnuts out of the oven

Mascarpone cheese and powder sugar glaze, next time
I will stick with a cream cheese frosting. I realized that I am not a glaze fan.

doughnuts are all done up and ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment