Friday, March 30, 2012

Day 1

caprese salad


I started the diet last night. I had a Caprese salad with 1 slice of mozzarella cheese, 1 slice of prosciutto, 1 tomato and a few basil leaves (lightly dressed with olive oil and balsamic vinegar).  It's amazing when  you really look at the nutritional facts on packages how many calories are in food and what the portion sizes are.

For example:

Prosciutto has 70 calories per serving (2 slices)
Mozzarella Cheese has 80 calories per serving (2 slices)
Olive oil has 125 calories per tablespoon
One Tomato has 22 calories

My dinner last night was:

35 calories (prosciutto) + 40 calories (mozzarella) + 22 calories (tomato) + 30 calories (oil & vinegar) = 127 calories

I created this excel spreadsheet.  I am the queen of excel spreadsheets.  I create spreadsheets for everything.  This way I can keep track of everything I eat along with the caloric content. 


I got up at 4:30 this morning and did my first session with Jillian Michaels.  I was so excited that I couldn't stay asleep last night.  I kept getting up every hour on the hour.  I tend to do that when I get excited about something.  Anyway,  it was not as hard as I thought it would be.  I was doing strength conditioning at the gym twice a week so I think I have some muscle under all that fat.  Tomorrow I will try with heavier weights and the harder variations of the moves.  She does talk a lot though.  At one point I told her to shut her mouth cause I didn't want to hear her running her mouth off  while I was sweating my tukas off!

No comments:

Post a Comment